Friday, May 15, 2009

road 13

honest john’s white blend
vqa : okanagan valley
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
only in recent years have i acquired a love for white wines. before that i would never of my own choice have picked white over red. nowadays i often buy an inexpensive bottle and make kir, the french drink where you mix white wine with a drop of creme de cassis.
my very first sip of road 13 was a complete wow! as described on the label the wine is made with a lovely blend of ehrenfelser, sauvignon blanc and a hint of viognier, creating a mouthful of white peaches with a flinty finish. definitely a great wine!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
vintage 2007 • alcohol 13.1 %
$17

2 comments:

Maria Killam said...

I prefer white over red myself in general (but I do like the red truck). I do feel like a minority a lot though cause everyone else drinks red!

guylaine rondeau design said...

no... a lot of women prefer white! (not sure why that is though) this one is very yummy... you should buy a bottle next time you get a chance! – i think it’s a new one too... never noticed the label before (says the designer).